Wednesday, January 23, 2008

When cooking potatoes...

don't turn your head for even a second, especially not for 5 or 10 minutes.

I decided that I'd try to cook some potatoes tonight for dinner. It's warm, filling, and delicious. So, I cut the potatoes and a small onion to cook with them. Then, with my health in mind, threw them in a pan with a lot of butter. And I mean a lot. I knew that it would take a while for the pan to warm up since I was using the small burner. Boy was I wrong!

I came in here to work on that last blog post and in no time at all, I smelled smoke. By the time I got into the kitchen, it was boiling out of the pan. The little burner wasted no time burning the potatoes in the middle of the pan. All total, only about three or four slices were beyond saving, but they sure did put out a lot of smoke!

No comments: