Wednesday, December 13, 2006

More Improvements, "Normal" Thoughts, and Sex Sex Sex

As you can see again, or at least I hope you can see it, I have been adding some touches to the recent drab look of the blog. Hopefully it worked and you see some guys on little horses down in the bottom left corner. If not, then it's back to the drawing board.

Just thought I'd throw out a thought I discussed with my boss today. He was telling me about all the "strange" testimonies he has heard from people recently, brought on by a prayer request for a cousin of mine and subsequently, a brief personal testimony. It really made me question, "What is a 'normal' testimony?" I mean really, what is the 'normal' path people take to finding Christ and living a life devoted to him. Most people would say that growing up in a Christian home, to Christian parents, involved in church since the day you were born, making some sort of decision as a child, and, finally, really 'dedicating' your life to Christ at some point in high school or early college (though it sounds a lot like that could be actual time of conversion but we can save the whole "Lord and/or Saviour" argument for next time). That sounds pretty "normal" to me. But is it really that "normal?" If so, why are there thousands of families, devoted Christian families, mourning for lost children? How can you have two kids, growing up in the same household, and have one choose Christ and one not? Or better yet, how can someone who has spent so much time in church, with all the hypocrisy and problems that it brings (not bashing the church here, I love it, just stating the facts), believe in the God that supposedly rules over it? And let's not even talk about the Gospel. God becoming man, being born of a virgin, resurrecting himself from the grave? I mean, really, it's pretty crazy stuff. So I don't think that even the most "normal" sounding testimony is something that we should label "normal." The crazy testimonies about people on drugs or getting miraculous healing or whatever are just as "normal" as any others, because when you boil it all down, there's nothing normal about believing in Christ. It's crazy. It really is. If it were really all that normal, there wouldn't be so many lost people still wandering around lost!

And in completely unrelated news, but in order to explain my use of the word "sex" in the title, my friend Robbie Gouge has informed me that his Norton Internet Security device has blocked him from reading this blog and labeled it a "Sex Site" due to my "No Underwear" post a few days ago. I hope I have not caused any problems for any one else. I'll be sure to clean things up around here from now on... maybe.

2 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

If you make the two posts below (with the pictures) drafts instead of publishing them, you still get to keep the jpgs on the Blogger server and no one else will see the superfluous posts. Also, I can still access your site with the "sex sex sex" and the "underwear" comment, but I'll be getting an email from my Covenant Eyes accountability partner fo sho'.

C-Love said...

Thanks for the help. Un-sightly pictures are gone!