Thursday, September 06, 2007

It was totally worth it.

Write this down, because you won't hear me say this very often, but a meal that cost me almost $9 was totally worth it.

Since it would cost a small fortune to get the entire V-family up to our vacation spot, they decided to drive the V-Van all the way up there, the entire 10 hours. That means that we had to cram two adults, 4 children, me (the awkward man-child), and all our luggage for the week and a half that we'd be gone into the van. Luckily, Big Papi had that covered. He bought this snazzy canvass luggage holder thing for the top of the van. After filling it up and strapping it down, we were ready.



We left at the butt-crack of dawn, at an hour when I'm not even a Christian yet (stole that line from Mark Driscoll, hope you don't mind). With four boys that always want to hear a story or joke, I knew I'd have to be ready to talk at any hour of the day, even if I wasn't totally conscious. But honestly, it was really a great ride. The boys were, as usual, extremely well behaved. And to make things better, they brought this monster pillow that I quickly bear hugged and collapsed on for the entire drive to Ankara.

And that's where the heaven's opened their gates and let the blessings come pouring out... all for just $9. Arby's. God bless that man, or woman, that invented the roast beef sandwich. It was worth every dime I paid for it.



The rest of the trip was uneventful, but enjoyable. You could feel the excitement building as we climbed the hill to Blood Mountain.

No comments: